You know what happens if you stop, don't you? The New Year's Eve hangover catches up. So why not just power through the next day with some of the most fortifying party crews in town? Si se puede, honey.
Here's the wheres and whenfors of one of the few days left when SF feels truly old school underground, and you can party for 28 hours straight. All whirligigs start Wednesday morning or afternoon:
So many great house and disco party crews coming together for this rager -- one of my favorite parties of last year. With Steve Fabus, Sergio Fedasz, Taco Tuesday, Doc Sleep, Trevor Sigler, Robert Jeffrey, Robin Simmons, M*J*R.
4am, $10. BeatBox, 314 11th St., SF. Facebook invite
Hop onto something fluffy with DJs Dutch, Rooz, Didje Kelli, Alain Octavo, P-Dub, Cosmic Selector, UltraViolet, Jocelyn, WolfBitch, and Napsty
4am, $15 advance. Supperclub, 657 Harrison, SF. Facebook invite
The awesome Wednesday weekly goes full force, opening in the wee hours of Wednesday and staying open til 4am. THAT'S 22 HOURS. With classic West Coast rave daddy Doc Martin and Heartthrob, Nikita, Atish, Brian Bejarano, Mossmoss, Benjamin Vallery, Ivan Ruiz, Dao & Pwny, Tyrel Williams, Sharon Buck, Fil Latorre, many more.
6am-Thurs at 4am, $10-$25. F8, 1192 Folsom, SF. Facebook invite
While we shall never forget the years spent passing out at old venue Whisper, this burner-happy New Year’s Day block party with Space Cowboys and guests has settled in mighty fine at its new Mighty location. A extravaganza of wondrously questionable sights and sounds.
6am-6pm, $25-$30, Mighty: 119 Utah, SF. Facebook invite
Fantastical Berlin prince of longform, pumping disco sets Hunee joins the Honey and NWB boys for outer space bliss. With DJs Josh Cheon, Conor, P-Play, Robot Hustle, Solar, Jason Kendig, more.
6am, $10-$20 advance. Monarch, 101 6th St., SF. Facebook invite
House legend (so good in person!) Lil Louis graces this annual blowout -- the last one at Cafe Cocomo, which is scheduled to be torn down for condos -- with Solar, J-Bird, Galen, Deron, Tasho, Sweet P, more,
2pm-2am, $10-$20. Cafe Cocomo, 650 Indiana, SF. Facebook invite
A messy, really messy (as in there was a glitter explosion last year) and really fun New Year's Day tradition, with JoeJoe, Ding Dong, Mace, Ernie Trevino, Haute Mess, Ethan Miller, Dao & Pwny, Dr. Whiskers, Marky Ray. Can you make it?
3pm, $5-$20. Public Works, 161 Erie, SF. Facebook invite
Most Commented On
- This is the agency Tim Redmond wants to charge with purchasing - April 16, 2014
- Campos will push for vacancy control if he gets in the Assembly - April 16, 2014
- Guess the potholes in the - April 16, 2014
- Wait a sec. I know texting - April 16, 2014
- CA taxes capital gains as if it were income - April 16, 2014
- Federal criminal indictment of PG&E doesn't go far enough - April 16, 2014
- Lots of private companies would meet the transit demand - April 16, 2014
- I always vote no on every revenue Prop anyway. - April 16, 2014
- "Relocation payments are - April 16, 2014
- Relocation payments are taxed at lower capital gain rates - April 16, 2014